Enlightening strikes twice

Happy 2006 folks! We're now 2 days into the new year and my resolution to not work during time off has proven to be a foolish endeavor. I am not one to make resolutions I stick to, so this doesn't trouble me that much. Other slight resolutions include my desire to find great jeans that aren't so low waisted (since a sad thong says so much), to remember how many people have it worse than I do (so shut up already, me), and to finish sewing my giraffe print curtains. We'll see...
Andrew and I had a great Christmas, and survived the 16 hour (each way) trip to the Homeland and back. We listened to a few books on CD, my favorite of which was Freakenomics. Did you know a lot of crack dealers still live with their moms? I didn't, but it's in the book, along with tonnes of other gems. Our trip back was delayed by 1 day due to crappy weather predictions through most of NB and QC, so we didn't get in until a couple of hours before 2005 ended. I was decidedly much too haggard looking to expect my friends to be happy to see me, so Mr. B and I curled up on the sofa and watched a few episodes of Sleeper Cell, which is such an interesting show.
I am planning our next big vacation!! Yippee! No more boring blogs! The full details have not yet been completely ironed out, but the plans are being made. I didn't know whether a planned tour with an agent was a great idea, but the one I've found gives a day of touring, then a day to yourself in each Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Malacca, Cameron Highlands and Penang. Now I just need to get Andrew some lightweight capris and I am good to go.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home