Digital Removal

My dad is tough. Seriously. If I were to think back on some of the construction accidents he's had that he's recovered quickly from the list would be impressive...what comes to mind quickly would be getting hit by a back-hoe, having the blunt end of a spike driven into his head barely missing his eye, falling from the peak of a roof, raising my sister (couldn't resist) and having a cement tie slice his palm open. I'd like to think I am a tough-ass like he is, but let's face it...I like attention, and I like to milk a situation (motorcylcing with Kirk comes to mind immediately). I can add one more accident to my dads list - severing all 5 fingers on his left hand. With a miter saw. I can't even imagine how effing painful that must be. I feel a little lost not knowing how to help. I think there's good money (lawsuits) in finding severed digits in chili at fast food restaurants, so I am researching this as a viable way to supplement his income while he recuperates.
In other news I have had a small "brush" with celebrity. Literally. Yesterday at Bluefin, a restaurant in NYC I was less-than-gracefully trying to maneuver around someone in my way, and nearly bumped right into him. It was Peter Gallagher from the OC. Yup, that's right, I have been intimately pressed against a prime-time star. The "intimately pressed against" part could be a gross exaggeration, but it's better than the real "barely grazed" description that could be slightly more accurate. I considered trying to say something clever like "Welcome to NYC, bitch" (if you've seen the show this is a moderately entertaining comment). In the end I opted for an open-mouth stare.

2 Comments:
I have yet to se your "open-mouth stare", but having seen enough of you other looks I think I can wait. If there's anyone I can think of who can bring a laugh to a tough moment, it's you.
Kelly, did your Dad just do this??? That is terrible! I sure hope he is soon feeling better....
Leanne
Post a Comment
<< Home