Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Magna Cum loudly


I don't enjoy hearing people discuss their scholastic achievements. I don't think talking about your educational background is bad, but not when it's to inform others you're smarter, or you think you're smarter. Maybe it's just that there or so many people more clever than I that I hear it more than the average person. Whatever the case, enough already.

Mandrew and I had dinner with a colleague and her husband Saturday night. This marks the first time I've gone out with a colleague at this particular job to a non work related/mandatory function. It went well - until she took her shirt off. Kidding! But, coincidentally enough, we had a window seat, and it turned out we had a lovely view of her boss' house. Funny. We actually saw him leave his house and go to the corner store, and after a brief debate about ruining his evening by seeing colleagues we decided to wander over to the corner store and say hello. He had just woken up and appeared slightly disheveled. His grey jogging pants were heavily soiled, and his wife-beater tank top was frayed around the seams. Given his penchant towards stylish clothing with zippers this was indeed quite a departure from the norm. I may even be heavily exaggerating his appearance since I know he reads my blog. Either way...my apologies sir, for startling you, and for heavensake run a brush thru your hair...you don't know who's watching..

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that you've hung out with colleagues from work before. Actually, I'm pretty sure that we meet there, dated, went steady, and even got married. Oh lets not forget about all the times we've gone for dinners with friends (hey M.B.), gone to weddings (shout outs to Kev, Bob, Dan), gone on city wide scavenger hunts (hey Mr. Pix), oh and lets not forget the BBQ dinners at our place (word Mister). But alas those are all technical people so that's probably why you don't remember them. They were all wearing their invisible cloaks.

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was kidding about not going out with colleagues before...just wanted to see who was paying attention. Clearly I like to hang out with people from work...fron various departments and countries. Perhaps my next husband will be from Entrust as well...

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly Funny.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a list of husband-wannabe's in one of the Entrust washrooms - I think I saw 2 finance people, an HR person and one of the legal folks - conveniently all on the third floor, which saves on the walking.

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I am just honoured to have made it to one of your Blog entries! We had a delightful time with you and Mandrew. But that better not be a picture of the hub and I. You know I would never wear my tennis visor at the dinner table. Maybe at lunch, but definitley not to dinner ;-)

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home