From one nations capital to another

We're baaa-aaack! Wow...our vacation is over, it went by so incredibly fast! We had so many great experiences and had so much fun...but sleeping in my own bed last night was...heaven. I am one my second coffee and my first load of laundry...Andrew's been up since 6 and I got up at 7...hoping that we can get right back into a regular EST sleeping pattern without to many issues.
The rest of out trip was a lot of fun. We went to see the Moulin Rouge performance, which naively I didn't realize involved nonstop topless performances by the ladies...not that there's anything wrong with that. It was actually very good..the performances, dance sequences, etc were awesome. There was a girl who swam in this gigantic glass tank with half a dozen extremely large snakes...very cool! They also had the Cirque standard of the 2 bald guys who balance on each other in all sorts of crazy contortions...except they wore spandex instead of tighty-whities. They brought out these types of performances when there was a wardrobe/set change that needed some extra time...I quite enjoyed these small reprieves from the sea of nipples ;-)
Onto the segways...they were a lot of fun. We're now on numerous videos and cameras and were just as much a tourist attraction as the Arc or the Eiffel Tower. Happy to be captured time after time in a dorky helmet...Our instructor was a lot of fun and said we were the best drivers he's ever had (if Parisians drive Segways like cars there's no wonder we naturally stood out as capable ;-). I did wipe out pretty hard though...lots of nasty bruises on the left side of my legs and butt. Once the instructor said we were all star performers one of the other girls decided to get a little over confident, hit a curb and ran into me. I bravely accepted my injuries, hopped back on as if nothing hurt and finished the tour...all the while whispering to Andrew how sore I was to insure extra attention attention after the segway tour was over ;-)
Anyway...hoping to upload more pictures from the trip! I will likely be blogging more often now that I am not paying 6 euros per 30 minutes to do so. Blogging is like crack for the Internet...very addictive!

1 Comments:
Obviously too much wine; seems that you were seeing things a little sideways.
Post a Comment
<< Home