Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Goddess of Lug

I hate the expression "pulling your weight". It gives me flashbacks to the first time Oprah shed oodles of weight and hauled out an equivalent amount of animal fat on a wagon during one of her shows. Sure it's nice to quantify a dramatic weight loss...but I am carrying around a picture of that for eternity (sizzling in my mind like a grease fire). Every time someone says "He's not pulling his weight" or "You've really been pulling your weight lately" all I can thing of Ms. Winfrey lugging that (presumably stinking) fat on wheels.

So we've booked more vacation stuff. We're going to watch a start, a finish, a time trial and the finale of the Tour de France. Admittedly, Andrew's the driving force behind this portion of the vacation, being further ahead in the peloton than I in terms of knowledge/enthusiasm of the Tour, but I am pretty excited. I've come to be aware of the fact that if I point out that this vacation was the brainchild of my husbands to him, that I usually get some sort of act of appreciation for being such a kick-ass wife. Usually this is paid for in the currency of foot rubs or shoulder massages. Life is good ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Wayward Mind said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home