Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Oui, Allo!

Bonjour all! Andrew and I just finished dinner and a stroll past the Eiffel Tower. The vacation has been fantastic so far, we made it into Paris around 6pm local time today and were relieved to discover our room has air conditioning!! The weather is warm, and a little on the humid side (perfect for light-weight capris ;-) so AC is a blessing (and not standard, it turns out).

The rest of our time in London was excellent - Toured the Tower of London, climbed the Fire Monument, walked across the millennium Bridge, had a picnic in Hyde Park, went to Speakers Corner, Piccadilly Circus, Oxford Street, Tralfalgar Square, etc,etc. Loving it!! Had tea with clotted cream with Queen Elizabeth (or Miss Lizzy, as it turns out she prefers). Andrew and I had the pleasure of having lunch with Dave and Jeremy (Entrust UK) on Monday and had a great time. I think we entertained each other with the differences in our (mildly) similar language ;-)...like a Shiney (not a drink, like Andrew thought) and various version of what "the fuzz" are. They're rather insistent that the capris are only worn by tourists, and not locals...but Dave showed up in a pair himself, so that theory is shot...

We're heading to Issoire tomorrow to catch up with the TdF...renting a Peugeot, which makes my Golf seem massive...should be quite entertaining, and a little Mr. Bean-esque. Andrew and I are both surprised at how friendly people are in Paris...we were expecting them to be much less accommodating as we murder their language with our attempts to communicate, but they've all been very nice, and actually, most know more English then we know French.

Anyway, I should stop hogging the computer at the hotel, before all these nice things I've said prove untrue and the hostile glances I am getting turn into something worse. Hope everyone is well!! Andrew and I are getting a kick out of the comments!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

renting a peugeot...hilarity.

i emplore you to post a picture of said voiture. We, in the west, are in need of some Grizzwald humour...

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Avez-vous vu Lance dans son costume jaune fortement encore?

(not bad for a bumpkin eh?)

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be Afraid. Be very Afraid.

I have witnessed the "Capri" issue first hand - it has spread to mainland Europe.

Be afraid.

Tim (U)

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave Terry in Capris... I'm not sure I believe it - I trust you captured it on film.

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home