Thursday, June 30, 2005

If you sling mud, you lose ground...

I don't know why my blog headers are so odd and have little to do with the content of my rants, however, this being my blog to say with what I like, I shall proceed....

Ahhh...lady geography has dealt me a cruel hand. What a cold, fickle mistress is she...my booze-enhanced presence is required at many a fun event this weekend, and of one I must choose. So I head to my homeland, to drink beers with my family and have comrades willing to help me mock Andrew.

Something odd just happened. There was a pigeon outside my window that I swore was trying to communicate with me. It was doing the full neck-swivel that Jerry Springer guests are famous for (you know, the hand-in-the-air "that b*&#$ did not just call me fat" type head rotation..before letting loose with a shocking array of expletives) combined with a few dry-heave movements. Such a sight was it, that I beckoned my colleague to come take a look. Perhaps it's just the slipping into vacation mode that is gripping we Canucks, but we watched it for a few minutes and commented on it's peculiar behavior (especially its proclivity towards gobbling the window caulking, but admittedly I've not tried it and cannot comment as to whether it's yummy or not). Anyway, after peering meaningfully into my eyes a few more times it went on to visit aforementioned colleague to entertain him for a bit, before deciding to end it all with a head-first crash into my window. Is there some sort of cryptic meaning behind all this, or merely a caulking-mad pigeon with a poor sense of direction.? If anything out of the ordinary happens, I shall wonder if that damned pigeon played a part ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home