Uphill Battle
Hello again! We're just getting in from a great dinner in Lyon, it's 11:15pm and we're pretty worn out. We watched the TdF today and it was amazing!!! I made eye contact with Lance! As he peddled by me on the side of the road he looked me right in the eye and said "nice capris". OK, maybe some of that is fictional, but the part where he was on a bike, and I was close enough to push him off, that part was true. I have a brand new respect for what these cyclists are capable of! Andrew and I drove part of the Tour this morning to claim of 2x2' space of roadside to encourage the cyclists as they passed. We were about half a kilometre shy of the peak of the category 2 incline. Lemme tell ya...these mountain roads are steeeeeep. The poor rental was begging for mercy halfway up the 11.5 km ascent, but we pushed on. The actual Tour part...where the bikers go past us, only took about 15 minutes in total...the 3 hours prior was ensuring a good spot, and getting the sponsors to whip their freebies out their windows at you as they drove by...(reminded me of a tradeshow scramble for the best swag). It took us another 4 hours to get to Lyon (including time stopped asking for directions and doing u-turns after taking a wrong turn somewhere ;-). Overall at was extremely fun though, the towns that Andrew and I drove through are incredible. We want to post pictures, but we're finding the computers often down have the ability to accept the CF reader...perhaps soon.
Anyway, I am heading to bed...the hotel we're staying at tonight is gigantic, with a separate kitchen, toilet, bathroom, bedroom and sitting room...I have noooo idea how it ended up in our price range, but I intend to enjoy the space. Hotels in Europe are quite small in comparison to NA standards, so it's lovely to not have anything to trip on tonight! Oh, and there's this toilet-shaped fountain in the bathroom that I am in wonder of..how fancy ;-)...

2 Comments:
Sounds like you're having an awesome time! I'm right envious (I'm trying to adopt some of the local Johnner dialect). Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Stay away from the bidet! You're only allowed to drink out of it once in your lifetime without permanently being known as toilet breath; you've already used up your trial drink.
Jenn
Yes, Kelly sounds like your trip is just wonderful....I am truly jealous! Being up here in the north were it’s been raining for what feels like weeks...well....I am very excited to read of your experiences every day!! WHAT A TRIP!!
PS.. Harris is a great name…when we named Macayle (William Richard Buckler) we new he may get some interesting nick names….First one came from Dave Galloway, Mac Billy Dick Buck…but I assure you Cayle is all he gets from anyone else!
PPS> Kelly from what I can remember, you and toilets go way back! :-) Please stay away from them if you have consumed too much bubbly
Hope you had a great time Kell
Leanne
Post a Comment
<< Home