Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Pull my finger




I have been looking for a dumb book to read lately (a page-turner that isn't terribly thought provoking) and mistakenly picked a Dean Koonst (don't get me started Freddy, you were right) novel. I have read a couple before, and liked them well enough, however this one is just awful. Not one to dismiss a book I've opened (Andrew: Nelson Mandela's biography doesn't count, since I do intend to finish it, but want to give it the attention it deserves...and besides, my wrists can't support it's weight when I read in bed) I try to continue. I had nightmares about a murderous monkey troop after reading some of it. It's not well written enough to give me nightmares. This pisses me off.

Yesterday at work I wore a really cute, brand new skirt. When I went to the ladies room the back of it dipped in the toilet as I sat down. There, I admitted it. It's public. I have toilet germs on my new skirt. It doesn't even bother me that much. Fortunately no one was in the ladies room to hear me laugh maniacally when I realized what happened.

I want a pet. I am torn between a cat and a dog. I see benefits to having both, but Andrew says 1 only. We'll see where this goes...didn't he just get his dream vacation recently? We currently have a fish that is left over from Andrew's fish phase - stage one of a multi-stage plan to eventually own a living salt water reef that would contain more water than a large bathtub. He's over that, but one lone Tetra remains. Since it was his idea I have, for the most part, left the fish alone for him to take care of - with the exception of miscellaneous feedings. We had four fish a couple years ago, then 3, now one. The little guy just wants to live. Even when the tank was too filthy to see into, you'd catch a glimpse of him happily swimming around. I was waiting for him to die so I could throw out the putrid tank. BUT, while in Europe, Andrew's mom looked after our house. She took pity on the sad conditions the fish was coping with, and with compassion unparalleled, even on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, she took him out of his tank and cleaned it (with an SOS pad, nonetheless). The fact that he survived the industrial strength cleanser residue is a testament to his will to live. I have taken an interest in him again. We've named him Rasputin, who also was hard to kill.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Few of things
1) Kelly has a track record of Cats and Dogs either being hit by cars or ending up with dreadlock hair because they can't clean themselves. Here's her last cat http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/chtoon.jpg .Maybe we should start off with a Gerbil.
2) I've got a short attention span. I blame that on TV. At least my phases are relatively cheap and normal. I could be into Antique Cars or life size dolls.
3) I've asked Kelly to return the skirt.
4)Check out my new blog where you can buy crap I'm selling at ridicules prices at www.blogspam.com.

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blog Spam... I got one too. Seems to me like a new business opportunity - hey, let's buy a company, spend millions on R&D and see if we can sell it to all those marketing VPs who invested in blogs 'cause they thought it was going to be the next big wave in marketing.

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that you should start hosting pets for the SPCA... that way you could get cats and dogs and keep Mandrew in a constant state of antihistamine-induced tremor/Overdose. If you think he's hyper now I can only imagine what he'd look like hopped up on pseudophedrine all the time. Imagine the blog fodder he'd produce then!!

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Long live Patches.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home