Tribal Council
I have been neglectful of my blogging as of late. Must be quick tonight, I am on the sofa with my laptop on my lap, which I recently read can cause fertility issues down the road. Not that I am in a hurry to have chitlins (and we all understand I am currently without child) but I don't like the idea that I may be microwaving my baby-maker...
On an evening outing, knowing I was suffering from a little sleep deprivation I proceeded to have a few drinks and its affect was as severe and unforgiving as it was after my bachelorette party. Even though I knew I wasn't anywhere near my typical drink limit I was hit hard and was embarrassingly slow moving the next day. Was there a lesson learned there...? What was I saying? Thought lost..
Anyone else sick of the media's hypocritical coverage of Hurricane Katrina? Asking insightful questions like "how hungry are you sir?" or asking a child who's been separated from her parents where she thinks they are is just wrong. I also find it a little pathetic to see celebrities showing outrage in their boats while they float through the streets of New Orleans at how many people are still trapped. Ever think that it you didn't have your camera crew, PR agent, stylist and manager in the boat with you you may be able to help more that one person? Just askin'. Where do all the reporters sleep at night - the all appear well rested and well fed. Seems a little sad to think they spend a few hours getting shots hugging the folks who've lost everything and haven't had a decent meal or shower in a week, and then they call it a day, take the SUV back to head quarters and wonder if tonight's broadcast will leave 'em misty-eyed.
There is a paranoia that affects one in eight high tech workers*. The scitzophrenic-like conviction that people are plotting against you, gunning for your job, or working with others to ensure your dismissal seems to be an affliction people come by honestly after weathering the last few turmultuous years (where half a department could be laid off in one day) in the industry. It is a shame...but in some cases I think it may be true. Maybe it's the Apprentice we should blame..where there can only be one winner - so lying, discrediting or otherwise undermining you coworkers is encouraged...or is that a different show?
This just in: I have been married for over a year now.
*source: me

1 Comments:
Man (or Woman) you gotta love the anonymous ad dropping spammers who profess their fondness for every blog, then proceed to drop their link without even considering its relevance to the topics at hand. What use would a housewife (especially a pregnant one) who’s been married for just over one year have for a Latin dating service? Or, if you do have a use, does Mandrew know???
- Silent but Deadly
Post a Comment
<< Home