First Class Drama

I was on a train recently with a colleague enjoying the free booze in first class when a man seated many rows in front of us came to the back and punched out another passenger. It was crazy!! Turns out that 'ol punchy's wife was relieving herself in the loo and forgot to lock the door - a man walked in on her not knowing anyone was inside, realized his mistake and left. The Lady of Unlocked doors was quite provoked by this and decided to spin a tale to her hubby about the pervert at the back who was trying to make a move on her. 'Ol Punchy got all worked up, came to the back of the train, and knocked the guy out. Turns out the poor guy had cancer and was sick from treatments, which is why he walked into the bathroom (since airhead forgot to lock the door he assumed it was free). They had to take him off the train in Kingston, and 'Ol Punchy and the Missus were taken of the train by Canada's finest. These people were all in their late forties, early fifties...I guess I would've expected behavior like that from someone a bit younger (not that it's acceptable at any age). More proof that growing old sucks... I can't help thinking that if that lady hadn't gotten her husband so riled up about it, this wouldn't have happened. It's not like the cancer man picked the lock - the bathroom appeared to by unoccupied. Chicks...
Andrew and I almost bought a puppy this past weekend. He was frikin adorable! I can't say much more than that, as I go into joy overload on how sweet the puppy was and then Andrew feels bad for the fact that I don't yet have one (hint, hint). Just because he's allergic...sheeeesh. What about my needs ;-)
We begin the 16+ hour drive to Nova Scotia on Friday afternoon. We've got a bunch of books on CD so that we don't have to make conversation ;-). Seriously though, books on CD really help during a long drive (unless you have a tape deck). Makes a 16 hour drive seem more like 15 and a half. We just borrow a bunch from the library, and a colleague of mine gave us a couple as well. We're renting a car, since my Golf has been relegated to short drives only. I hope we don't get stuck with a domestic vehicle, I drove an Impala recently and it was completely gutless.
Well, Happy Holidays everyone!
Here's some recent random thoughts
- the song "Ding-Dong the Witch is Dead" has been playing in my head every so often for the past couple of weeks. I can't think of any happy circumstance that comes to mind that has brought this about
-President's Choice Blueberry Cheesecake ice-cream is excellent. Buy some and try it. If you don't like it, give it to me ;-)
-The term "outercourse" sounds waaaaaaaaay classier than dry-hump
-I have the makings of a workoholic. Thing is, I don't really like the taste of workohol ;-)
-We went to Andrew's mom's church's Christmas Concert (fairly certain I have committed some sort of grammatical faux pas there) and they performed Hark the Herald Angels Sing 4 times! What ever happened to the other classics like "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer?".

5 Comments:
Safe and happy travels out East. I hope you and Andrew have a very Merry Christmas with the family! 'Tis the season for celebration...and there is much to celebrate about ...
I'm thinking Martini's at Angie and Darren's house??? Let your cousins know if you have any time... And if Nic and Fred are coming too! Mel
Your writing is funny. Happy travels!
That loo story sounds familiar. The one that I heard had a happier ending :-)
All the best for the holidays and have a safe drive.
I know why 'Ding Dong the Witch is Dead' is playing through your mind....you should be ashamed reliving those funeral song selections chosen by you for our mother...just the thoughts of seeing her brings out the best in you!
Post a Comment
<< Home