Blog Wild

Decision time folks! This seems to be the time that firm decisions need to be made, and fence sitters must leave their comfy perch on the post. Of course I am talking about the election. I am out of town on Election night, so Andrew and I voted last weekend. I felt relieved to not need to listen to any politically focused ads, talk radio or otherwise this week. I heard a clip of Jon Stewart making fun of the "Attack Ads" that have Canadians all spun up. Perspective tickles.
In other decision news, Andrew and I are going car shopping today! After a miserable winter that includes me sitting in the backseat (Miss Daisy style) while Andrew drops me off at work, (frozen front passenger door) and sitting in a stalled car for 40 minutes after a little puddle stopped the car in its track, we've decided *f*it! We work hard to afford shit like this, don't we? Here's hoping. Seems the weather doesn't want to cooperate though...10-15cm of the white stuff is floating by my window currently. Makes for realistic test drives, I suppose...if the Golf can get us there in the first place.
Carrying on the decision theme...we strolled purposefully into a paint store yesterday, firmly believing that we know what color we want to paint the walls in our living room...and left 90 minutes later with a book of wallpaper samples and the belief that maybe what we need is new carpet. Grooooaaaaan.
And finally - my weakness for chocolate and my insatiable belief that I am a dog person and will live an unfulfilled life until I have a puppy have collided and harmonized nicely ;-). We decided on a breed and found a local breeder that had a litter 3 days ago! Puppies will be ready when all the craziness around our schedules have finished, and the weather is slightly more hospitable for outdoor activities. We're (hoping) to get a chocolate labradoodle puppy in mid-March. WTF is a labradoodle, you wonder? Labrador Retriever an Standard Poodle mix. This breed works great for Andrew, since their coats are more hair-like than fur, so there's very little shedding. Next big decision is what to name him...! I am open to suggestions (except Harris, since we know who's getting that moniker).

5 Comments:
What a cutie-patootie! I think his name should be Cocoa Belo ... it's gotta nice ring to it doesn't it?
Actually this is the dog that I wanted!!!
http://www.thebreedsofdogs.com/PULI.htm
As for the chocolate lab I one of the names that we've been thinking of is Doctor Belo. Figure that if my brother in law can make it as a Dr so can a dog.
I also like pathagarus as a name.
Pathagarus... just wow. I can hear it now... Here Pathagarus, pathagarus, pathagarus... its just rolls off the tongue like fingers down a chalkboard. Just cause you're a geek doesn't mean the dog has to be one too. That's like naming your kid Richard Leslie, or Mike Hunt, you know it'll leave a scar.
As for Dr. Belo, go with that. Any dog has a better chance of becoming a doctor than you ever will so live vicariously where you can.
Call your new puppy Leroy. As in Bad Bad Leroy Brown, meanest pug in the whole damn town. =D
I personally like names that make people do double takes. Things like "Stir-fry", "Cat", "Dog" and "Mandrew". It always amuses my little mind when casual observers don't know if you're swearing at your dog or the spouse for crapping on the carpet.
AGE
Post a Comment
<< Home