When life gives you lemons...

I really cannot complain. Not when there are so many people in this world with real problems. But, I do like to lose my shizz sometimes in a cleverly worded rant (I am told) so if i were the complaining type (who am I kidding?) I would say this:
I am in the midst of a crappy situation. I was bemoaning this to a friend and she said I got served a shit sandwich. The situation improved after that, because I found the term so funny. I would just think "this is a shit sandwich" and I couldn't be nearly as spun up about it as I was seconds before. And now, the chef behind this shit sandwich is really trying to make it nice for me...cutting off the crusts, putting decorative toothpicks in it, serving it on fine china - you know, really trying to bring me around to liking it. At the end of the day it's still a shit sandwich though. I hope she doesn't realize what a picky eater I am.

3 Comments:
I guess that's when a shit-eating grin comes into play...
:(
Makes me wonder how many shit sandwiches are in the works...
Speaking as someone with a shit-eating grin, the sandwiches can be tolerable with enough pickles.
I gotta walk down and ask what's going on. I mean, I never got offered toothpicks...
Andy
Wow, I clicked on this bookmark by mistake and lo and behold there was an actual entry, 2 in fact!
As far as shit sandwitches go I'd have though you'd be used to them by now, having been raised by the queen of toilet humour herself that is. I guarentee if you mention that term to her she'll titter for at least 5 minutes before cutting one herself to add to the moment.
Post a Comment
<< Home