Friday, August 11, 2006

Me again - wow, this vacation has gone by fast! Yesterday we kayaked and snorkelled along the coast of Costa Brava, which has got to be one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. We had to cut the kayaking short though, as our instructor didn´t like the 2.5m swells we were struggling through. I, on the other hand, thought the swells made the trip much more fun, and was having the time of my life paddling out further to get bigger waves...one of the other people on the tours called me ¨loco¨...which I assume is just Spanish for wicked cool :-)

I forgot to mention we saw Blue Man Group in London. They were pretty good...but i had a headache and slept through a lot of it...Andrew said it was decent though. In Barcelona we´ve done a lot of sight seeing, an insane amount of walking, and a tiny bit of relaxing. The hotel here has an outdoor pool on the top (8th) floor with great views, so we´re heading there soon to read a bit and plan our trip to the airport tomorrow. With all of the recent UK Terror Plot stuff we have a feeling we´ll need to be to the airport extremely early and should expect long waits. We fly to Stansted airport tomorrow afternoon, and fly out of Heathrow to Ottawa on Sunday. We only have 2 english speaking channels in our room - Sky News and BBC World News, so we haven´t been able to avoid the constant coverage of the bomb plots. Probably a good thing since it will undoubtebly affect our travel (thanks to Ro-jay for the heads-up too)

Anyway - wanted to make this quick so I can go grab a beer with Andrew by the pool - hope everyone has a great weekend and we look forward to catching up when we get home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wayward Mind said...

Sounds like you're having a blast, Kelso! Glad to hear it. Oh, what was the name of the place you got your open water certification? Email that to me if you don't mind; I've a friend who's looking into it.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home