Man of Green Gables

Wow - I haven't blogged since I was 28 years old....here's hoping I am still "with it" enough to string together some coherent thoughts.
A few posts ago I declared that Andrew and I had some ambitious travel plans to head to South East Asia. That was, of course, before we got a puppy and were informed by a few concerned individuals that we'd be vacationing during the "critical bonding" stage of puppy-dom, and should rethink our plans. Fair enough. So instead of a long-haul flight overseas we opted for a long-ass drive to PEI with Dexter in tow. We spent last week in a secluded rental eating and drinking more than required, and taking the dog to the beach. It was rainy, cold and perfect. We had a hot tub on the deck large enough to swim in (I tried it). I read a great Grisham novel - The Last Juror- which has got to be my second favorite after The Testament. I have only read a couple of Grisham novels though, so this isn't terribly noteworthy, but it was a good read and passed the time while Andrew mastered Grand Turismo on his PS2 that he insisted on bringing.
I have been traveling quite a bit for work recently, and have been in Vegas 3 times in the last 3 months. Last time it was 42 degrees without humidity, and I finally started to understand why people may stand on escalators instead of climbing them. Not that I allowed myself to try it out, but I felt slightly less self-righteous than usual climbing the outdoor stairs while everyone else hoped on the escalator.
On the flight down to Vegas I was near the back of the plane, with about 20 guys who were taking a buddy out for a debaucherous weekend before his upcoming wedding. They drank the plane dry. Seriously, the flight attendant even got on the PA system to announce that there was no more beer available. My favorite part of the trip was when we landed and the bachelor turned on his cell to call his fiancee immediately after they made the "OK to use phones" announcement. While his buddies protested and called him a pussy (and much worse), he stood his ground and claimed he couldn't have fun until he found out who got kicked off American Idol. Pussy indeed.
And finally - I am looking forward to a summer of less TV viewing. Now that Lost has aired it's finale, and Big Love is done for the Season, I really only need to concern myself with Canada AM and Big Brother All-Stars. Maybe this year I'll get a tan :-)

2 Comments:
Sounds like an awesome vacation, and very much earned, if I may say so. So you read, and Andrew played Grand Turismo... but what about Dexter? What were his hobbies? ;)
Glad to see you blogging again. But don't worry... I've been keeping active blog-wise for the both of us (and all my other friends...).
Mmm, Lost.
Why did they kill off Libby without showing what her creepy backstory behind her being in the mental Asylum with Hurley was (DUI anyone?)? Where are the others taking everyone? Is Michael really going to get away with Walt? Would it have been more humane to provide a moving sidewalk for Hurley to make it back to camp?
All these questions answered and more next season!
Andy
Post a Comment
<< Home