Ola!
Wow - it´s been a great few days! We arrived in London Saturday morning and enjoyed the day strolling Oxford and Carnaby Streets, eating at some great pubs and marvelling at the man-capris...which are still going strong. We left London yesterday morning and arrived in Barcelona by plane, train and automobus :-)...literally. We took the tube to Liverpool Street train station, took the train to Stansted airport, took a plane to Girona and the bus to Barcelona. A tad tiring, but a good way to see more of the city. Last night we had tapas and drank sangria on Las Ramblas street and spent time today at Port Olympique and taking in some sites. I am looking forward to relaxing a bit tomorrow, as Thursday (when Andrew forfeits his youth and graduates to full-blown adulthood) we are doing an 8 hour sea kayak\snorkeling tour...might as well give him a day to remember before it´s backaches, weak bladders and forgetfulness.
I am happy to say we made the trip with one large suitcase less than last year (when required, I can pack sensibly, it´s just that I prefer not to...). I am actually wearing all of the clothes I´ve packed. And, AND...I say...I´ve not even bought anything. And here I mocked Andrew for becoming an adult...I hope this new, responsible me hauls ass outta here so I can buy some great clothes before returning to Canada. Stay tuned.
In the meantime, about the man-capris...they´re uglier this year...lots more denim, much tighter fits. Just ew. Oh, and it seems that just about everyone here sunbathes topless. I am easily identified as a tourist for keeping my ladies covered, but I am coping with that just fine.

2 Comments:
You go, travelling girl! Glad to hear you're having a blast. TAKE PICTURES!
Kel and Andrew, take note of new travel guidance when coming back through Heathrow. Specifically:
- For passengers traveling via the U.K. to/from Canada and a third
country, as British authorities no longer permit the through-checking
of baggage at U.K. airports, passengers with connecting flights in the U.K. must claim all baggage upon arrival in the U.K. and re-check their bags for their onward flight, until further notice. To facilitate this added security requirement, Air Canada customers with reservations for flights connecting via London Heathrow with less than four hours in
connecting time are requested to contact their travel agents or Air
Canada Reservations to adjust their travel plans to meet this new
minimum connecting time.
Post a Comment
<< Home