My resolution to blog more is already waaaaaaaaay behind

"Where are you?" I asked my 4am caller a few weeks ago when I was home alone. "Downstairs on the sofa" came the reply. Fuck.
That was someone's idea of a funny call. It still freaks me out when I think about it - me sleep dazed and thinking it was Andrew calling me from England to let me know he arrived OK, and then the total wide-awake terror of considering the fact that this caller wanted me to think he/she was in my house. Naturally I did not have an intruder, Dex would've alerted me to that earlier, but I barely slept that week. Not funny. Anyway, that's the most interesting thing that's happened lately.
Anyone follow the Miss USA pageant scandals? I find it annoying that the media gives this crap any airtime, let alone the whole Rosie/Trump fallout. I personally have no time for beauty-queen bullshit, especially shows that glorify how little women have come in the last few decades...throw on a bikini and shed a tear for world peace....very profound ladies. Anyway...where was I...oh yeah - tired of seeing this as newsworthy. Can anyone even be surprised that women who compete with other women for a trophy for being prettiest wouldn't have enough sense to conduct themselves badly away from the public eye?
Andrew and I have some more travel plans coming up - a cruise from NYC to the Caribbean. Neither one of us have been on a cruise before so it should be a blast. Really, really hoping neither of us gets sea sick...I was on a rotating dance floor a few weeks ago and couldn't walk right afterwards...probably not the same thing...and I may have been under the influence of alcohol at the time.

3 Comments:
It's definitely been a bit long, Ms Devine. Glad to see the antics continue!
The cruise should be a blast. I've never been on one either. NY to the Caribbean seems like it would be perfect. How long is that? 7 days?
I'd like to see a beauty pageant in which a woman approaches the mic and says "Who cares about world peace. It's not going to happen. Let's focus on our own issues in this country, such as blah blah blah, then worry about other people's problems."
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home