Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Pregnant pause...


New record for not blogging - to be blamed in equal parts on laziness, lack of interesting things to say, and laziness again for good measure. Oh, and when Blogger switched over to Google accounts I kinda forgot how to log in. Anyway...

I am now 24 weeks pregnant and feeling pretty good now, aside from feeling pretty large now too. I guess pregnancy and gigantic-ness go hand in fluid retaining hand. It's all glamour. Perhaps it's just the fact that I'm more aware of all things prego-related, or it's some sort of fertility epidemic, but it seems like everyone I know is pregnant, trying to get pregnant, or has just cranked out a kid. Maybe it's the same as when you get a new car, and all the sudden you notice how many other people are driving the exact same vehicle. Either way I like it.

I am suffering from some side effects of this delicate condition, the most obvious being my diminished capacity for logic and reasoning. Seriously, on some days it's bad. I'm lucky to be around people who are patient, or eager to mock, but so far very few have gotten frustrated with me trailing off partway through a sentence and forgetting the point I'm making, asking inane questions about issues that are obvious, or

Anyone living in Ottawa under the age of 38 does not remember the "Great Winter of 1970-71" but has no doubt heard about it in comparisons to this bullshit season we're currently having. 10 ft people - that's how much snow has fallen so far this year. 10 effing ft. It's insane! There's no place to put the snow anymore, we're even sourcing salt from Chile for the roads. At least I am not supposed to shovel in this 'delicate' condition, but complaining about it nonetheless is exhausting. I can't even use booze as a coping mechanism anymore. Sigh....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

... and for the record I'm not pregnant right now.

Lies! All lies!

Andy

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home